Every job has duties and responsibilities that you have to be able to do. However, If you know them in advance that will help to set yourself apart from competitors and to be able to shine in your organization.
In addition, it will make your opportunity unique and it will make you at the top of the list when there is a new hire opportunity. For example,some of those duties and responsibilities are:
- Enables patients to stay in their homes by monitoring and recording patient condition, providing support and personal services
- Monitors patient condition by observing physical and mental condition
- Supports patients by providing housekeeping and laundry services, shopping for food and other household requirements.
- Assists patients by providing personal services, such as, bathing, dressing, and grooming.
- Helps patients care for themselves by teaching use of cane or walker, special utensils to eat, special techniques and personal hygiene.
- Helps family members care for the patient by teaching appropriate ways to lift, turn, and re-position the patient.
- Advises on nutrition, cleanliness, and housekeeping.
- Records patient information by making entries in the patient journal and notifying nursing supervisor of changing or unusual conditions.
- Maintains a safe, secure, and healthy patient environment by maintaining security precautions, and following prescribed dietary requirements and nutrition standards.
- Protects the home care agency by adhering to professional standards, home care policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
Some advise to what you will do after taking a home health aide class
Advise prospective home health aides about flexible hours or work-week structures, and any driving or travel requirements.
Our findings suggest that nursing homes is shifting from task-oriented care to relation-oriented care (e.g., through an increased focus on patient dignity), various obstacles (e.g., negative self-image, work pressure, and a lack of developmental opportunities), needs (e.g., shared values, personal development, personal empowerment, team development, and demonstrating expertise), and competences (e.g., communication skills, attentiveness, negotiation skills, flexibility, teamwork, expertise, and coaching and leadership skills).
In order to be successful, needs should be addressed in order to successfully facilitate this change.