It is one of the most common questions I receive about elderly care. There are thousands of articles on the two. Nevertheless, this is a simplified version of what the difference is.
Frankly, this is a great question. The differences were broken into two categories:
- Hourly care is usually a minimum of 3-4 hours per visit
- Agencies will begin services after an initial consultation
- Price varies from $15 to $28 with an average of $21 per hour
- Live-ins require that someone be with the patient at all times
- Live-in home care provides a one-on-one approach
- Wide range from $1000 to $10000 per month
Hourly home care services require a home health aide to be present at the home at least 3-4 hours. For Live-Ins, a home health aide is present with the loved-one at all times. Usually, it is
Regardless, families across the United States have options. The options are endless. Normally, home care services give families a choice at a more affordable price.